Executive Search’s CEO and board team primarily work with the appointment of CEOs, board members, and management ground positions. The team also works with advice related to boards, evaluations, coaching, mentorships, due diligence, and more.
Fredrik Hillelson works in the CEO and Board team and founded Novare in 2001.
What do you deem to be the greatest difference between Novare and other recruitment companies?
– Novare has a slightly different mindset that gives us the ability to challenge our industry creatively, both historically and tomorrow. This, in combination with our skilled team and an ever-lasting commitment to society, makes us unique, I would say.
Energy, drive, persistence, judgment, and self-insight are examples of traits we look for in all our assignments.
What trends do you see within the recruitment industry right now?
– We have gone from shareholder value to stakeholder value. As a leader, it’s incredibly important to not just present a profit but to care for the society we all live in. I also see an increased focus on inclusivity, even though I think the progress is maddeningly slow.
What types of assignments do you take on?
– Our assignments typically come from owners or board groups. We focus on recruitments for leadership positions within all sectors.
What’s the composition and background of the team?
– Our team consists of senior consultants and researchers with long experience within recruitments. We have a vast combined network. I meet a couple of hundred people a year, myself. We have followed many of today’s CEOs and board members during their entire careers. As for the leaders of tomorrow, we spend a lot of time identifying who they are to build long-lasting relationships with them.
What do you search for in a candidate?
– Each assignment is unique, but one common denominator is that we seek experiences and personality traits that will help the person excel in the role. Energy, drive, persistence, judgment, and self-insight are examples of traits we look for in all our assignments.
What’s the most important thing to think about when selecting a recruitment consultant?
– Choose someone who dares to challenge you, make you think outside the given frames. Someone that you trust – it should feel great to work together!