Food Folk, McDonald’s in the Nordics, is looking for a new colleague to champion and drive our Food and New Product Development strategy in the Nordic markets.
The purpose of the role is to support the organization in creating and developing McDonald’s innovation and product agenda. With passion for food you will be setting the next strategic direction and leding the innovation process. In parallel the role demands a hands on attitude and drive to manage to realize your plans in the organization. You work closely with the restaurants, and internal stakeholders to deliver commercially viable products and concepts based on customer insights and market trends adapted to McDonald’s restaurant environments. Of course, the role comes with a strong focus on the sustainability agenda.
You will report directly to the CMO and have one direct report. Our HQ is located in Skärholmen, south of Stockholm.
- Growth areas and prioritization; define the strategic direction of food & NPD and how it supports the vision
- Lead the innovation process and development of new menu concepts.
- Accountable for a continuous flow of menu innovation based on customer needs and future opportunities
- Responsible for yearly category reviews as part of the planning process
- Responsible for Food & NPD research with the support of Consumer & Business Insighs
- Responsible for the overall visibility of projects in NPD
- Facilitate Nordic recommendations, decision making and funding of initiatives
- Lead the cross-functional Nordic food team (including steering committees etc.) and define capabilities needed and necessary management processes
- Lead the Nordic Menu and Food Calendar planning with input from local marketing teams
- Food & NPD representative in new strategic initiatives and internal groups
- Nordic contact to McDonald’s global marketing
What we expect of the ideal candidate:
- Proactively analyze the marketplace, customer needs, the business, and their implications for food & NPD
- Proactively identify areas of growth, develop and test concepts and products in the area of food & NPD
- Capability to craft the strategy for food & NPD, prioritize and ensure fit with the overall Food Folk strategy
- Set and take ownership of sales data/KPI:s within food & NPD and understand how to influence them
- Documented strong project management and person skills, preferably experience from working in a multi-market environment, and attention to detail
- Academic degree
- Documented leadership skills and ability to engage and influence senior leadership
- Fluent in English and at least one Nordic language
- Ability to travel within the Nordics
To be successful in your new role you have a passion for food and innovation and a strong experience in innovation processes. You have previous experience of working with food and beverages related to innovation, marketing or sales and product development. You also have a commercial mindset – you should be able to translate insights into actionable recommendations that bring commercial value. You are a strategic thinker: balanced with great hands on problem-solving skills. You have the ability to view questions from a consumer perspective, highlighting the guest experience in recommendations and solutions. You possess excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills for clearly presenting your findings, recommendations and plans to both internal and external stakeholders. As a person you are a curious pro-active team player who likes fun and is not afraid to run projects hands on with great colleagues!
In this recruitment we collaborate with Novare. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Sofia Dippel at email@example.com or 073-033 61 83 or Annika Wahlstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 070-741 00 53
McDonald´s is the largest restaurant chain in the Nordics, serving iconic products like the Big Mac® and our world-famous fries to 600.000 guests every day. We have approximately 20.000 employees in around 430 restaurants, delivering a great restaurant experience to our guests. Most of the McDonald’s restaurants are owned and operated by local franchisees. Food Folk Group owns the licensee rights for McDonald´s in the Nordics since 2017. The annual revenue of Food Folk Group is 1,3 billion euros.
The Nordic headquarter organization consists of 220 colleagues. The organization is built on a matrix structure, where about half of the employees are working locally in one of our four markets and half are working in Nordic functions. We have a high-performance culture and we do everything in our power to deliver a great restaurant experience to our guests, no matter working in a restaurant or at the headquarters.