At Stravito, we’re building the world’s best search engine for a company’s market knowledge. We’re a diverse team of entrepreneurs, developers, marketers and designers on a mission to simplify knowledge discovery. We have some of the world’s leading consumer facing companies as our customers, such as Carlsberg, Danone, Electrolux, Comcast and Pepsi-Lipton.
We are now looking for a Legal Counsel to join our great team consisting of e.g. seasoned entrepreneurs and executives from companies such as iZettle, Spotify, Klarna and Min Doktor. You will be responsible for our legal strategies and operation, working closely with most in the management team while reporting to the CFO.
Our product is a marketplace of knowledge between an insights function (e.g., Consumer & Market Insights teams) and the teams consuming and using the insights (e.g., Brand or Category Managers). We market and sell our product as a SaaS, i.e., subscription of a software license. We help some of the world’s largest consumer-facing enterprises to store data worth hundreds of millions EUR and enables joyful and efficient usage of insights for a modern workforce. This means that we regularly interact with very large companies and need to be pragmatic and street smart how we view legal topics. Stravito is also a high-growth technology company backed by VC firms and with an international and high talent team, which also greatly influence the everyday work of our future Legal Counsel.
The Legal Counsel will have a broad scope of responsibilities and the right candidate is not assumed to know all that is necessary from start but is assumed to be able to learn and solve problems on the go in an effective way. Sometimes that means conducting a legal deep dive but more often googling, finding an expert (paid or from our network), triangulate data points in order to find sufficiently good answer based on the business value or risk. A successful candidate probably enjoys general business building from a legal perspective more than being the deep legal expert.
Examples of what you will do
- Customer contracts: Analyze, set language, strategy and negotiation together with Sales.
- Supplier contracts: Review, feedback and approve terms, NDAs and conditions
- Law and contracts for staff and compensation: E.g., Sweden and the Netherlands
- Company law, governance and board of directors
- Data privacy and data security law/rules/contracts: Work with our senior DPO
- IP, risk management, VAT, tax, regulatory, funding: Collaborate with management to set strategies and solve problems.
- … plus much more, high as well as low, as we grow, expand and develop this business.
What we’re looking for
- 3-6 years, from either law firm and/or line organization
- Relevant academic degree
- Full working proficiency in English
- Experience from data privacy, IP, software license contracts, company law, fundraising, negotiation, etc.
- Experience of enterprise clients or worked in a mid- to large organization
- Practiced in Sweden but having exposure to US and international agreement is highly appreciated
- Start-up experience is positive but not necessary
- Executive mindset, business minded, comfortable make decisions under uncertainty
Does this sound interesting? Apply today! In this recruitment process Stravito collaborates with Novare, and interviews will be held continuously. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Susanna Wennersten at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cecilia Wilander, email@example.com Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.
Stravito is a knowledge technology company. Our mission is to help decision makers in consumer businesses deliver on their customers’ needs, wants and desires better than anyone else. Stravito was started in 2017 by a team of entrepreneurs with decades of technology and consumer goods experience from iZettle, Linden Lab, NORM GfK, Tasteline and more.
Stravito headquarters are in Stockholm. For more information: www.stravito.com