Roplan is, assisted by Novare Search & Selection, now looking for an Accounting Manager. This is a replacement recruitment for the current Accounting Manger that is retiring.
The Accounting Manager will report and work closely with Roplan’s CFO.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining all accounting processes and procedures for the business to ensure the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements. Is responsible for the supervision of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other general accounting functions within Sweden, US, UK and China.
The Accounting Manager is also expected to partner with Senior Managers across all functional areas within the business as well as Corporate Financial Management.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Leads the monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes
- Ensures that all that financial statements and reports are completed in timely and accurate manner
- Ensures that all monthly account reconciliations are performed accurately, completely, and on time
- Manages all accounting operations including – AR, AP, General Accounting, Fixed Assets, Cash, and Intercompany Accounting
- Responsible for the supervision of all general accounting staff, SE, US, UK, CN
- Responsible for the implementation of robust internal controls, monitoring compliance, and for the maintenance of adequate documentation
- Manages the audit process and serves as the local Audit Leader. Supports and coordinates all internal and external audit activity, including SOX
- Implements process and procedural improvements to optimize the workflow within the department
- Responsible of preparing statutory reports and income tax returns
- Acting as backup for other functions/duties within the accounting team
What’s in it for you?
With Roplan you will join a world class industrial operation with dedicated friendly people, a new dedicated owner with relevant adjoining business as well as the opportunity to see yourself in a key role in the heart of the business.
An opportunity to fine-tune and partially modernize Roplans accounting function to further internationalize and harmonize it with Corporate accounting. Use your experience to take Roplans accounting team to the next level to not only meet but overdeliver on expectations when it comes to transparency, simplification and clean audits. You will have the opportunity to work in a global environment with direct report in Sweden, US and China.
- Relevant academic degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 7-8 years of accounting experience
- A few years Manager experience with direct reports
- Experience working in international organizations
- Solid working knowledge of K3 with experience of US GAAP
- Strong computer skills
- High proficiency reporting system such as Hyperion, Onestream or similar
- A merit with experience in a manufacturing environment
- A merit with experience with ERP systems, Jeeves, Dynamics 365
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Swedish and English
First and foremost, you have a high level of integrity – never willing to compromise regarding ethical standards. Furthermore, you are structured, clear and precise in your communication and have good abilities when it comes to leading and motivating others.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, please apply today! For more information about the position or the process, please contact Helene Sköld, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.
Roplan designs, develops and manufactures mechanical shaft seals for rotating machinery. The Company, founded in 1977, was acquired by IDEX Corporation in 2019. Roplan has a turnover of about Euro 30 million, a good profitability and some 140 employees. The Company is global with its headquarters in Årsta, Sweden, and has subsidiaries in China, UK and USA. Since mid 2020 Roplan moved all production in Sweden to a new factory in Timrå. Roplan is one of the leading suppliers of Mechanical Seals to demanding Producers of Equipment and Machines with Rotating Shafts, all over the World. Highly specialized in customized design, Roplan can offer sealing solutions to virtually any application. As global mechanical shaft sealing experts, Roplan is able to apply methods and experience to high-performance pumps, mixers, compressors and propulsion systems in many industries such as Food & Beverage, Pharmaceuticals/Biotech, Marine, Chemical, Wastewater & Water treatment, Mining, Pulp & Paper, Construction, Power Generation and Refrigeration.