Discovery Networks Sweden works as One Team. We support each other and grow as a team. Our different backgrounds, perspectives and personalities make us stronger and we know that diversity enriches. We want to make every day a bit more fun and entertaining. We want to be fair and honest with our consumers, customers and partners. Careful and open – and that is why we believe you will enjoy working with us. Every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences. Discovery Networks Sweden is the second largest commercial television group in Sweden. We have Channel 5, Channel 9, Channel 11, Discovery Channel, TLC, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, Animal Planet, Discovery World, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD as well as the play service, Dplay. The most recently acquired principal owner, Discovery Communications, also owns the rights to Olympic 2018 – 2024.
Discovery Networks is currently recruiting a People & Culture Business Partner. The People & Culture Business Partner is responsible for providing a blend of strategic and tactical People & Culture support, to attract, develop, engage and retain top talent within the Nordic region and more specifically for the Swedish division.
Working with a diverse range of stakeholders and levels within the organization, People & Culture Business Partner will support the delivery of the People & Culture strategy. In close collaboration with the International and Nordic, Discovery People and Culture teams, you will manage the day-to-day People & Culture operations activity for Sweden based employees. You will ensure that a consistent approach is implemented across the entire organization and that this is considered in the context of the wider business units that the teams are part of.
The People & Culture Business Partner will also be the lead in key People and Culture initiatives and change programs; advising on Swedish employment law and supporting managers with performance management, business transformation, succession planning and talent management.
The People & Culture Business Partner is part of the operational Swedish Management Team.
The Business Partner will be required to:
- Drive key People & Culture initiatives across the organization
- Actively contribute to the business strategy; providing HR expertise and challenge to the management team.
- Partner with the business to develop People and Culture plans in line with the business strategy and deliver against them
- Proactively handle day-to-day operational aspects but also contribute at the strategic level
- Work with department leadership on establishing key people strategies to support business objectives.
- Provide solutions and coaching to employee-related challenges while maintaining a balance between being a strategic business partner and employee champion and actively upholding and supporting the mission of the organization.
- Main point of contact for the locals Unions as well as Almega. Establishing and maintaining good relations with both parties.
- Lead the CSR strategy across the Nordics. The main driver for Employer Branding and LifeWorks & Inclusion.
Key Requirements and skills:
- 3+ years of HR Advisor or BP-experience gained in a culturally and geographically dispersed organization. Experience from a tech/telecom/digital organization and/or a global, US company is a plus.
- Proven track record supporting a high-growth and dynamic organization, preferably within an environment of digital transformation
- Well-versed in current Swedish labor law
- Proven experience in problem-solving and organizational management practices within a matrix organization
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience of using an HR information system, preferably Success Factors
To thrive as a People & Culture Business Partner at Discovery Networks you demonstrate the capability to manage a complex and changing workload with the ability to meet changing and varying deadlines. We think that you are someone who have excellent interpersonal skills as well as a proven ability to communicate concisely and deliver results. You can build trust and relationships throughout the company, on all levels.
Working at Discovery Networks means developing and professionally growing in a fast pace multinational company defined by a dynamic culture, challenging work and enthralling environment.
Is this the perfect match for you? Apply by attaching your CV and cover letter. Please note that we are not able to accept applications through e-mail due to GDPR. If you have questions regarding the position please contact Magdalena Ihre at email@example.com or Helena Anderlind at Helena.Anderlind@novare.se.