Tietoevry is one of the biggest tech consultancy companies in Sweden and they are now collaborating with Novare Potential offering a Java training program. Now you have the chance to polish your Java skills and the opportunity to start working as a junior consultant directly after graduation.
Short info about Tietoevry
Tietoevry creates purposeful technology that reinvents the world for good. They are a leading technology company with a strong Nordic heritage and global capabilities. Based on their core values of openness, trust and diversity, they work with their customers to develop digital futures where businesses, societies, and humanity thrive. After completing the Java course, you will be hired by Novare Potential to work as a subcontracted consultant at Tietoevry.
Short info about Novare Potential
Novare Potential is a Swedish recruitment company that focuses on helping multicultural candidates, that live in Sweden, into jobs. We recruit candidates in many different sectors, but our main focus is within IT.
In collaboration with KTH, Novare Potential has previously managed the successful Software Development Academy, where talented new arrivals were trained to become Jr. Fullstack Developers, ready to be employed by the clients of Novare Potential. We have also had our own Frontend course, with Eduardo Alvarez, previous Software Development Academy teacher, as the main lecturer. Read more about Eduardo here.
The course is divided into two stages. A one-month pre-course where we teach the basics to make sure everyone is on the same level. And a three-month full course where we teach the foundational skills that are required to work as a junior consultant at Tietoevry.
The starting date for the pre-course is 1st of July and the aim is that you, as a participant, will get a solid skill set and foundation before the course starts. During the pre-course, you will deliver your first project to confirm that you have the skills necessary to continue with the rest of the program.
3-month accelerated learning course
The course will kick-off 15th of August and it consists of 6 individual projects with set requirements and increasing complexity. You will have a course with video content from top online coding sources and mentor meetings. Software engineering practices are taken into consideration so that you can produce code with high value. During the course, you will become skilled in Backend development as well as understanding Fullstack development, using the following tools and frameworks:
- Rest APIs
- Databases and SQL
- Security best practices
The course is free and has limited seats.
During the course, Novare Potential and Tietoevry will arrange workshops to prepare you for the life as an employee at Tietoevry.
Why should you apply?
- You have the opportunity to be hired by Novare Potential to work as a subcontracted consultant at Tietoevry.
- You will learn the most demanded frameworks for backend development in Java.
- You will code over 500 hours in total, which is equivalent to a university degree within this field, in only 16 weeks.
- During the course you will create your portfolio where you can showcase your projects and technical skills.
- You will have a personal mentor from Novare Potential that will support and have one-to-one meetings with you during the entire course.
· 1st of June: The application closes
· 1st of July: The Pre-course starts
· 15th of August 2022: The intensive Java Course starts
Who can apply?
- You have previous knowledge or experience in coding in Java or similar languages.
- You have a passion for development and have kept yourself up to date on the latest skills within Tech.
- As a person you are driven, social and eager to take on a tech lead role.
- You have previous work-life experience in the tech industry.
- You have a university degree.
- You are fluent in English since the course will be conducted in English.
- You are located, or open to relocate, to one of the following cities: Stockholm, Sundsvall, Karlstad or Kalmar.
- You have a valid VISA so that you can stay and work in Sweden.
- You have time and passion for coding: the course will be extremely intensive, you will code at least 8 hours a day, every weekday, and all the lectures are mandatory.
- You have the tools to study online, having your own laptop is mandatory.
If you have no coding experience at all, we suggest that you do some training now and apply for our next course instead.
What happens after you have applied?
Among those who meet the main requirements (background and experience-wise), the selected candidates will be invited to:
- Conduct English and Logical tests.
- If you are among the ones with the highest scores, you will be invited to an online or physical interview.
- After meeting Tietoevry for a last interview, the most suitable candidates will be invited to join the course.
- If you accept a seat in the course, you need to sign a contract. Read more about the contract in the FAQ.
What happens after the course?
- Novare Potential will hire you and you will work as a consultant during 12 months for Tietoevry.
- Novare Potential will provide you with both a cultural and a technical mentor during this period.
- After doing an awesome job, the aim is to offer you a full-time employment at Tietoevry.
The training will be held online – on specific occasions we will meet physically, for example during events and some workshops.
It is very important to know that the training requires full motivation and can’t be completed without full attendance. If you are interested to be enrolled in this course, please apply here with your CV and make sure to answer all the questions in the application form.
If you have any questions – feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.