Business Sweden are business developers with a unique mandate. The 40 offices in 37 countries contribute to growth and jobs by helping Swedish companies grow their global sales and international companies invest and expand in Sweden. Business Sweden are now recruiting a Vice President & Head of Region Americas who wants to develop the region, grow the business and lead a value driven team!
As VP for the Americas region you will identify business opportunities and secure the regional agenda in order to sell and market Business Sweden’s services to existing and future clients. In your role you will guide and coach leaders as well as be a driving force when it comes to creating a common identity, building Business Sweden’s network and collaborating across the whole organization. Together with your organization you will build trust and long term relationships with clients as well as be a key player in enabling Swedish companies to successfully develop and grow in the Americas.
As VP Americas you will report to CEO Jan Larsson. You will be part of Business Sweden’s management team as well as lead the Americas region team of 80 people spread across 8 offices. The role is located either in Chicago or New York City and requires both domestic and international travel, an estimated 1-2 weeks per month.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the region with full responsibility for people, operations and client deliveries
- Full Profit & Loss responsibility
- Identify business opportunities and secure the regional agenda to sell and market Business Sweden's services to existing and potential clients
- Contribute to client deliveries and secure quality assurance processes
- Guide leaders by setting clear expectations and act as coach to support them in their deliveries
- Represent the interest of Swedish companies and Business Sweden in the region through value adding stakeholder management
- Contribute to and run internal strategic development projects
- Contribute to, and role model Business Sweden's change management agenda
- Actively contribute to the Management Team
Background and experience
- An academic degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Public Affairs or similar
- A minimum of 10 years’ qualified experience – preferably from both consultancy and other lines of business.
- Experience from successfully selling and delivering professional services assignments
- Extensive leadership experience – experience of leading a distributed team is an advantage
- Experience of coaching senior leaders
- Experience from engaging a workforce around vision and executing on strategy from a leadership role perspective.
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish. Communication skills in Spanish is an advantage.
As a person you are business oriented, collaborative and communicative. You have extensive leadership experience, you enjoy coaching your team members and lead with empathy and trust in focus. With an open minded and solution-oriented mindset you enjoy building long term relationships and strengthening your network as well as collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders. You have strong communication skills with the ability to engage the workforce around vision and execution on strategy.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, apply today by submitting your CV and cover letter before the 4th of December!
In this recruitment process Business Sweden is collaborating with Novare Executive Search. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Viktor Karlsson, firstname.lastname@example.org or Taylor Hansson, email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.