Technical Documentation is a crucial part of our business to ensure that our customers fast and easy can adopt and use our products. We are now hiring a Technical Documentation Manager to strengthen our technical documentation team.
We are looking for a highly driven person to produce top quality documentation contributing to the overall success of our products. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality and test engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. We believe that you are a person with leadership skills who wants to build and lead a team of technical writers. You will be working in a global and dynamic environment with high potential for personal development, reporting to the VP of Product Management.
Who are you?
·You deliver top quality documentation paying attention to detail
·You quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable using text and illustrations.
·You have excellent written skills in English
·You are a highly self-driven person with proven leadership skills
About the role
As the Technical Documentation Manager, you have the overall responsibility for the production of the user documentation for the products developed and produced at our sites in Sweden and Estonia. When needed, you also support products developed at our other sites in Europe and the US.
You will be responsible for approximately 1000 publications, where of 750 are product datasheets and 250 are user manuals or assembly instructions. Part of the publications are translated into about 20 languages. To get acquainted with our documentation please visit https://support.flir.com/resources/app/ and click on the products.
Our documentation system
We use an integrated system from the Swedish company PDSVision (https://www.pdsvision.com) based on Arbortext Editor, Publishing Engine, and Advanced Print Publisher from PTC, as well as Subversion.
In the user documentation we use modularization to a large extent, which implicates thorough risk and consequence analysis is essential before implementing changes.
Areas of responsibility
- Production of user documentation and product datasheets.
- Project management of translation projects related to both user documentation and GUI.
- Release of products on our product intranet and our customer support site as well as continuous updates of product datasheets.
- Release of publications at our customer support site.
- Maintenance and continuous development of the download areas for user documentation and product datasheets.
- Production and distribution of product bulletins (app. 80 bulletins/year).
- Responsible to keep documentation of internal operating procedures updated.
- System ownership of the documentation system (jointly with Raymarine).
- Production of websites for the user documentation.
- Review and approval of production specifications towards our graphical suppliers.
We believe you have at least 10 years of experience of technical documentation. You could be an engineer with a great interest in technical information or a technical writer with a great curiosity for technical products. In both cases it is important that you during your career have been moving towards more process- and methodology development, and automation.
To succeed in the role the following experience is required:
- Self-driven with high level of strategic thinking around technical information development.
- Production of XML-based technical documentation in English using any well-established tool.
- Project management of translation projects.
- Batch-driven file operations on larger volumes of data.
- Contact with printing suppliers around graphical production.
You might also have experience from:
- XML-driven documentation targeting the consumer market
- Regulatory controlled documentation
- Documentation related to electronic devices
- Subversion Tortoise
- Adobe InDesign
- PTC Arbortext Editor
This position requires access to export-controlled information or items (i.e. regulated technology or technical data per ITAR/EAR US regulations). Applicants must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
Sounds interesting? Welcome with your application!In this recruitment, we collaborate with Novare Executive Search. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Charlotta Cedermark at email@example.com or +46 735 233004.
Please note that we don´t accept application by e-mail due to GDPR