EQT’s purpose is to future-proof businesses and make a positive impact. EQT wants to ensure that it accelerates and transforms the sustainability and diversity performance and value creation of every investment during our ownership period. EQT will also increasingly be investing in highly impact-orientated investments, as it seeks to fulfill asset owners’ impact ambitions and to amplify positive environmental and social impact around the world. This role is part of the Private Capital Sustainability team to support in driving this transformation.
The role is within the Private Capital EU/NA business line (encompassing all the investment activities – Private Equity, Growth, Ventures, Life Sciences, Future and Public Value). This role is an addition to the Private Capital Sustainability team and will help provide geographical coverage globally. The candidate will be required to advise as an ESG, Sustainability & Impact expert for portfolio company integration, provide research and execution support on diligence and ad-hoc sustainability projects. This role will report functionally into the MD, Sustainability Integration with a dotted reporting line into the Head of Impact based on live deals and staffing. There is also ambition to have a pastoral reporting line within the region, aligned to EQT’s ‘locals with locals’ model. This role will be based in Stockholm at present time.
Key stakeholder interactions: Work closely with the Private Capital EU/NA Sustainability team across all strategies (including Future), Group and other Business Line Sustainability teams, Deal Teams, Sustainability Ambassadors, Portfolio Companies, the Digital team and external consultants appointed by EQT.
ESG, Sustainability Portfolio Integration – 50%
Join the Private Capital Sustainability team as a strong sustainability and impact specialist, willing to jump into supporting private capital portfolio companies, boards and deal teams. The following are areas that require direct portfolio level support:
- Supporting the onboarding and engagement of new and existing portfolio companies: designing powerpoint decks, reporting orientation, and fulfilling ESG subject specific queries from the portfolio companies and Deal Teams
- Supporting the team in ongoing development of suite of EQT Sustainability Playbooks, content creation for the Sustainability Network events and of the Value Creation Toolbox for EQT portfolio companies
- Support the delivery of specialized ESG & Sustainability curriculum and training for Deal Teams, Portfolio Companies
- Support the standardization and roll out of sustainability content with the SIF (Sustainability Integration Forum) that will include Infrastructure, BPEA EQT and Group.
Sustainability Deal Team Management & Diligence Support – 30%
A continued part of joining the private capital sustainability team will be working closely with the deal teams to execute and support due diligence. In this capacity, the project manager will be required to support as required. Example activities that will be expected are below:
- Provide research and insight in the context of target companies for specific sustainability issues, to support Deal Teams during Due Diligence (NDC/XPIC), Full Potential Plan and Portfolio Performance Review to ensure high quality, high value sustainability considerations are integrated
- Undertake sustainability research (desk research and expert interviews) to advance the sophistication of due diligence with deal teams. Topics may include sustainability themes, regulatory updates on ESG/Climate/DEI/ Biodiversity/Human Rights, company or sector specific ESG topics
- Potentially support in the development and regularly updates to team operating model related to deal flow support
Process, People & Culture – 20%
Become a key member of the sustainability private capital team by:
- Contributing and refining processes across the Private Capital team (Integration, Impact and ad-hoc requests)
- Being present and participating on behalf of the larger team on sectoral and geographical meetings (especially in the Nordics), this includes pipeline meetings, sourcing/investment sparring meetings, weekly office meetings and events
- Come with a positive collaborative attitude to team meetings and activities
- Commit to having fun and creating moments of collaboration and collective success
- Knowledge management and information sharing across Private Capital, and across EQT.
Qualifications and Experience
- Approximately 4-5 years’ experience in sustainability advisory, data, reporting and project management
- Background/Exposure in sustainability, impact or CSR
- Proficiency in business intelligence tools Power BI, MS Office Suite, Information Platforms (MSCI, Bloomberg, etc. would be a plus)
- Past experience in sustainability program delivery, project management, data management, sustainability reporting
- Exposure, in terms of overall activity understanding, to sustainability via work or academically
- At least basic knowledge of ESG and impact standards such as GRI,TCFD, IRIS+ SASB, and GHG Protocol.
- Open minded: the sustainability & impact capabilities in EQT are still building and this role will evolve
- Team player
- Build trusted relationships with investment professionals in order to accelerate their sustainability adoption
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Structured thinker with ability to manage multiple information system and ambiguity
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement and suggest innovative solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment, with shifting deadlines.
Are you the one we are looking for? We look forward to view your application. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Susanna Wennersten, email@example.com or Sara Dilani, firstname.lastname@example.org