We are now, on behalf of SEB, looking to find a Senior Regulatory Officer within Depositary Services. Depository Services is part of Institutional Banking within Large Corporates and Financial Institutions.
A Depositary is a regulated entity (supervised by FSA) independent from the fund and the fund manager. The ultimate purpose of a Depositary is to protect the investors interests by assuring that the Fund Management Company is being compliant with the current law and regulation towards the supervisory authority. We offer depositary services in five jurisdictions, Sweden, Finland, Luxembourg, Denmark and Norway.
To strengthen and secure the ownership of Depositary Services regulatory agenda and future proof the control and oversight duties in all jurisdictions, we’re now looking for a Senior Regulatory Officer. You will report to head of Depositary Services.
About the job:
As a Senior Regulatory Officer, you will own the regulatory agenda and have the overall responsibility to ensure that regulations are monitored and followed. You will be a Team Leader for a team of 4 specialists.
You will be in a dynamic environment where you will need to have a close co-operation with stakeholders as well as all Depositary Services functions globally, to secure alignment between regulatory requirements and the set-up of control duties.
Together with your team, you will act as the regulatory expert in Depositary Services and take lead in establishing and driving the regulatory agenda. You will do this in close collaboration with Large Corporates & Financial Institutions Compliance and Legal within the Nordic sites and Depositary Services teams. In addition, you are expected to build up knowledge expertise of the fund market in general as well as around the portfolio of funds managed by Depositary Services.
You are expected to participate and support Sales representatives as a regulatory expert in client discussions as well as represent Depositary Services in relevant forums, internally as well as externally. You will proactively keep the organisation updated on news and trends.
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have previous experience from leading teams in various shapes and forms. Your leadership is characterized by being goal and result oriented in combination with good strategic ability. You are a good communicator with great personal integrity and have a holistic perspective. In this work, it is important that you are proactive when it comes to anticipating future challenges and assignments. Personal characteristics is of great importance for us.
Background and experiences:
To be successful in this position we believe that you have the following experiences:
- Relevant university degree.
- You have experience from leading teams either as a manager or team leader.
- Great understanding and knowledge of law and regulations, particularly UCITS, AIFM.
- Understanding of funds and fund management companies.
- Understanding of Depositary control function's overall responsibility and purpose.
- Experience from client facing roles.
- Worked with change management.
- As a person, we like to see the following qualities:
- Analytical and at the same time able to see the overall perspective.
- Natural ability to create good relationships both within SEB and externally.
- Work independently but equally important be a team player.
- Humble and pragmatic.
- Strong personal drive.
- Senior and confident personality with high integrity.
- Open-minded to develop and implement new ways of working.
- Excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English – verbally and in writing.
Please send your application in the form of a CV and cover letter. For questions about the position, contact Somaya El Ghouch at email@example.com or Cecilia Wilander firstname.lastname@example.org. Selection and interviews are ongoing. Please note that we do not accept applications via email due to GDPR.