About the job
We are looking for an Accounting Associate to the Nordic Capital Family Office, working together with a team of two other Associates and reporting to the Head of Family Office. The Family Office works closely with Nordic Capital’s investment professionals and other senior staff, being its customers, to manage their holding structures, investments and other interests. In doing so, the Family Office also interacts with various Nordic Capital functions, advisors and other external parties on the customers’ behalf, compiling data required actions to facilitate the customer’s decision and execution processes.
The core tools for the Family Office to provide its services are to manage the bookkeeping, accounting, bank transfers, documentation and other general company administration of Swedish holding companies. The Family Office also produces tax returns and other corporate and tax filings, provides project management for restructurings and investments, and gathers and compiles information for structured reporting on investments and transactions in the companies.
As a Family Office Associate with a focus on accounting, you will be responsible for planning, developing and procuring the team’s delivery of accounting and company administration services to its customers. You must have the capacity and desire to grow into an independent management role, taking charge of the development and functioning of the accounting component of the Family Office together with the other team members. We believe that you will evolve in this role and grow together with the team and its challenges as you work to revamp a legacy administrative business into an innovative and specialized accounting service for the ownership structures of a leading European PE house.
You must feel comfortable dealing with with internal and external stakeholders and processes, independently planning and driving projects towards their goals. The role inherently involves a wide range of tasks, both the very advanced (accounting of complex restructuring projects and investments, building systems and processes) and more straight-forward ones (making payments, holding company accounting, documentation). We are therefore looking for a person that thrives in solving all sorts of problems – small and big, strategic and mundane.
Background and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in (or including) business economics
- Solid theoretical understanding and practical experience of bookkeeping and establishing annual accounts and tax returns (relevant standards are primarily K2 and K3)
- Experience from and interest in process and business development in accounting and bookkeeping
- Experience from structured review of accounting performed by others (outsourced or internally)
- Approximately 4-5 years of experience in relevant positions
- Experience from working in or with accounting/bookkeeping firms, understanding the challenges and opportunities of dealing with a large number of customers through structured processes is meriting
- Practical experience of working in relevant systems (Fortnox, Visma SPCS) is meriting
- Experience from accounting of financial instruments and/or real property is a plus
- Experience from private equity or relevant adjacent industries is a plus
As a person, you have a positive, entrepreneurial, business minded and “hands-on” personality as well as good social and collaborational skills. Moreover, you are eager to grow, yet humble and thorough. You have excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English – verbally and in writing.
In this recruitment process Nordic Capital is collaborating with Novare Executive Search. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Johanna Svensson, email@example.com or Susanna Wennersten, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail.