Nordic Capital invests in mid-market companies with strong market positions and clear growth potential across the Nordic region, Europe and the USA. In total the Funds advised by Nordic Capital have close to 40 portfolio companies, with a combined turnover of around EUR 13 billion and 60,000 employees.
Nordic Capital have a strong and effective Operational Excellence team and over 70% of value is created through operational improvement. In 5 out of the last 7 years Nordic Capital has been the winner of PEI Operational Excellence Award (2012, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019). The Nordic Capital Procurement Optimisation (NCPO) team are a part of our drive for Operational Excellence and lead the significant investment being made to deliver best practice in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
The Nordic Capital Procurement Optimization team play a vital role in enabling the delivery of Procurement Excellence, in four keyways:
1. Building community
NCPO have built a community of Procurement professionals working across Nordic Capital portfolio companies who create a sustainable competitive advantage through sourcing and management of supplier relationships. The community is enabled by regular conferences, workshops, conference calls, sector specific events and networks. The result is a community who share, market intelligence, good practice methods and tools for the benefit of all.
2. Building capability
The NCPO academy is designed to build competence in sourcing, supplier relationship management and leadership. The academy is available to all team members within our portfolio companies and is a significant enabler for building our Procurement networks and community.
3. Category Management & Cross-portfolio sourcing
NCPO work with portfolio companies to deliver value through sharing supply market information on a category-by-category basis. Where there is the opportunity for portfolio companies to aggregate expenditure and get even more value through economies of scale, the NCPO team will work to facilitate this process. Category sourcing projects, led by NCPO, have delivered considerable savings and benefits, and 30+ NCPO supplier agreements are available to our portfolio companies.
4. Company-specific programmes
The NCPO team has frequent engagements with portfolio companies to design and implement transformation programmes that deliver in line with value creation plans. Thereby ensuring that procurement excellence is leveraged to deliver a competitive advantage, and ensuring strategies and processes are in place to achieve the best possible levels of quality, service, innovation, and cost from suppliers.
Nordic Capital are looking to recruit a Manager, based in Stockholm, to join the NCPO Director & team, and support the development of NCPO to the next level of excellence.
The primary role of the NCPO Manager is to increase the value delivered through strategic procurement & category management across the portfolio, continue to develop procurement capability, and build our community.
- Community development – The Manager will be involved in the design and running of meetings and events to develop our procurement community. This includes managing the NCPO annual conference, Steering Board meetings and monthly conference calls.
- Knowledge management – The Manager will have ownership of the NCPO portal, maintaining it as a source of information, knowledge, and good practice for portfolio companies.
- NCPO S2C Engine – We are in process of rolling out an S2C engine that will deliver full transparency across the portfolio. The Manager will support its roll-out, manage the platform and harvest insights to identify value creation opportunities.
- Capability development – The Manager will provide leadership and support to the NCPO academy. This will include support to the marketing of Academy courses, provide input to update and develop the curriculum, the facilitation of academy modules and assisting with regular eLearning webinars.
- Cross-portfolio sourcing & category management – The Manager will work with the portfolio companies to drive best practice in category management. In addition, he/she will identify and lead cross-portfolio sourcing initiatives.
- SRM – Lead supplier relationship management activities with NCPO’s 30+ partner vendors
- Company specific programmes – Support the design and roll-out of company specific programmes to transform procurement operations. The role will include working with preferred consulting partners to ensure the portfolio companies get the best return on investments in consultancy services.
- Technology procurement – Provide expert advice and lead technology/digital procurement initiatives and projects across the portfolio.
- Value delivery – Work with the NCPO Director, Operations and Investment teams to ensure that Procurement and Supply Chain opportunities feature prominently across value creation plans.
- NCPO management – Support the management of NCPO operations
The ideal candidate will have experience of working across a broad range of sectors and be comfortable in their dealing with multiple stakeholders from many organizations. Procurement & supply chain knowledge and experience is essential. In addition, the role of the Manager, in enabling transformational projects, will require that the candidate have prior consulting experience. This likely to be within a top tier consulting firm or an organization specializing in Procurement advisory services. Line management experience from a Private Equity portfolio company is a definite plus.
The ideal candidate will bring an operational excellence toolbox, including Procurement, and project management skills, a solid business & financial acumen, along with proven leadership ability and the capability to build and nurture strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
The candidate will have strong knowledge of technology procurement, including robust understanding of various commercial models (i.e. IaaS, SaaS, PaaS) and experience in leading complex commercial negotiations in this space.
- Strong academic background
- Successful international professional track record of 3-5years.
- Demonstrated change management and project delivery skills
- Prior experience in consulting at a top tier firm or in-house consulting function
- Procurement & supply chain knowledge is essential. In particular, technology procurement and digital transformations
- Experience in working for private equity-owned businesses is a definite plus
- Highly analytical and commercial
- Numerate and financially sophisticated
- Excellent people, communication skills and business judgment.
- Oral and written proficiency in Swedish and English.
The most important personal qualities are the following:
- Relationship oriented, with proven ability to build strong working relationships at all levels within an organization
- Willing to roll up sleeves/get job done with limited resources. This is a very hands-on role
- A conceptual thinker with the ability to design practical solutions to complex problems.
- Integrity and the personal maturity to provide reassurance to portfolio company stakeholders as they go through their change programmes
- The humility to listen and enquire with the confidence to push back and challenge status quo as needed
- Strong intrinsic motivation with a high level of drive and energy; a positive “can-do” attitude is essential for the role
- High results-orientation wanting to make a difference with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong analytical capabilities with an ability to move between a high-level view of overall business priorities and the details of operational issues and opportunities.
Does this sound interesting? Apply today!
In this recruitment process Nordic Capital collaborates with Novare. Interviews will be held continuously. Please note that we are not able to accept applications through e-mail due to GDPR. If you have questions regarding the position please do not hesitate to contact Ellinor Sledd at firstname.lastname@example.org or Magdalena Ihre at email@example.com.