As a Business Developer you will play a keyrole in driving end-to-end client and proposal development within the Public Sector in Sweden and the Nordics. You will support the growth of our work in the sector, by seeking out client opportunities and developing our proposals.
You will work closely with partners and teams to identify opportunities with new and existing public sector clients, shape conversations, and develop high-quality winning proposals. The work will involve researching priority topics and opportunities in the public sector, preparing and participating in client development meetings, interpreting RFP requirements, establishing a working rhythm and supporting partners in facilitating the proposal development team. As an expert in public sector procurement, you will coach teams on industry best practices and methods for proposal writing.
As Business Developer you will be based in Stockholm and be a part of our client’s Public, Healthcare and Social Sector practice. This group provides management consulting services to governments and social sector agencies at all levels in the European region. You will join a team of enthusiastic and driven proposal professionals. You will be involved in strategic discussions as you partner with consulting teams and the sector and practice leaders to expand the firm’s impact in the Sector. You will report directly to the European Proposal Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Identify potential public sector clients and opportunities
• Research potential client organizations, topics, people
• Prepare client development meeting materials and (where relevant) participate in meetings
• Participate in Reach & Relevance activities (e.g.,writing articles, preparing and hosting client events)
• Manage proposal/public tender process, contracts, including:
• Develop compliant and compelling proposals in collaboration with client service teams
• Create proposal content in non-technical approach areas in consultation with CST (e.g., management, staffing, CVs, references)
• Serve as trusted advisor and liaison for consultants on proposal best practices
• Develop and maintains infrastructure and knowledge assets in support of distinctive proposals
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5+ years of experience in public sector business development; preferably in a professional-services firms or in a government agency
• Good understanding of the Swedish/Nordic public sector context, strategic opportunities and limitations in a public sector context
• Extensive experience with complex public, healthcare and social sector procurement processes and procedures
• Experience with entire proposal development process including the demonstrated ability to produce compliant, responsive and compelling proposals
• Ability to interact collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, forging effective relationships
• Ability to work with subject matter experts and leadership to develop proposal content
To become successful in this position you have analytical skills and a strategic mind. You have an independent and entrepreneurial approach with the ability to initiate innovative ideas and a strong sense of ownership. You are structured, reliable and can handle periods of higher workload. Finally, communication is key in this role, thus fluency in Swedish and English is a must.
Is this the perfect match for you? Apply by attaching your CV and cover letter. Please note that we are not able to accept applications through e-mail due to GDPR. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Maria Becker at email@example.com.