Food Folk, McDonald’s in the Nordics, is developing business, culture and way of working through modernization and digital transformation. As Head of People Development in Sweden (HoPD), you will play a key part in creating the McDonald’s of the future with focus on the environment and sustainability, digital transformation, contemporary customer service and branding as an attractive employer.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Swedish People development function. Develop, implement and maintain standard HR processes, guidelines, policies and system support based on the People strategy (attract, recruit, onboard, develop, comp&ben, leave).
- Lead the people administration within the PD function: performance management, salary reviews, recruitment, team development, employee engagement surveys etc.
- Participate or lead projects within the People function.
- HR admin, payroll and HSE (health, safety and environment).
- Strategic partner within HR in the Swedish organization, participating in the management team.
- Union negotiations.
- HR Business support to Food Folk leaders and employees in the Swedish organization.
Furthermore, a main responsibility is to lead the Swedish People Development team as well as participate and cooperate with colleagues in the Nordic organization.
Through excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills, you make sure the interests of all parties are considered and create solutions that benefit all. Your drive change and modernization and dare to challenge existing ways of working to make sure McDonald’s is a frontrunner in People Development. Great focus is placed on excellent HR processes as well as on first-class employer branding. McDonald’s has a unique role on the Nordic labour market, and this should be maintained and developed further – in line with the ambition to be the best Nordic youth employer.
As Head of People Development, you will report to the Nordic Chief People Development Officer with a dotted line to the Managing Director of Sweden. You will work closely with the Swedish Management Team as well as with the Nordic HR functions.
Background and experience of the ideal candidate:
The desired experiences for the position include:
- Solid People Development / HR Manager background from large organizations, and being part of management teams.
- Driving organizational and cultural change
- Independently creating HR processes and tools as well as implementing existing processes
- Sucessfully communicating people development agenda internally and externally
- Matrix organization and stakeholder management in an international setting.
- Excellent understanding of business and financial acumen.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Relevant academic degree.
- Experience from retail, labor intense companies or franchise is considered meritorious
- International work experience is considered meritorious
As a person you are structured and process driven with strategic skills but also operational focus, and you are passionate about day-to-day operations. You are an engaging and inspiring leader with proven success of leadership. You are team orientated: a people person, natural collaborator with ability to interact at every level of the organization, You are also an innovative change maker daring to challenge status quo and a self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and can-do-attitude. You are a clear and transparent communicator, humble, down-to-earth and calm with strong moral and ethical compass, leading by example. The role is placed in our Swedish office in Stockholm.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, we welcome your application! As the screening process is ongoing, we kindly ask you to submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible. In this recruitment Food Folk, McDonald’s collaborate with Novare. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Sofia Dippel at email@example.com alt +46 (0)73 033 61 83 or Annika Wahlstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org alt +46(0)70 741 00 53
McDonald´s is the largest restaurant chain in the Nordics, serving iconic products like the Big Mac® and our world-famous fries to 600.000 guests every day. We have approximately 20.000 employees in around 430 restaurants, delivering a great restaurant experience to our guests. Most of the McDonald’s restaurants are owned and operated by local franchisees. Food Folk Group owns the licensee rights for McDonald´s in the Nordics since 2017. The annual revenue of Food Folk Group is 1,3 billion euros.
The Nordic headquarter organization consists of 220 colleagues. The organization is built on a matrix structure, where about half of the employees are working locally in one of our four markets and half are working in Nordic functions. We have a high-performance culture and we do everything in our power to deliver a great restaurant experience to our guests, no matter working in a restaurant or at the headquarters.
At Food Folk and McDonald´s we are all equal, regardless of age, gender and ethnicity. We aim to make a difference, and in many cases, we are the first row on the CV and an integration engine in society, something we are very proud of. We believe that delicious food can also be sustainable – for our customers, producers and the environment. As one of the world’s leading restaurant brands, we’re using our Scale for Good to make this vision a reality.