H2 Green Steel are on an exciting journey to create tremendous environmental impact on society. They are now looking for a Category Manager Logistics who wants to become a key player in accelerating the decarbonization of fossil free steel production. Is it you?
As Category Manager Logistics you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to a growing and innovative organization where your work truly has an impact. You will create a deep understanding of business needs, develop efficient logistics and sourcing strategies as well as build strong and collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You will ensure that H2GS has efficient logistics solutions throughout the entire process with the optimal balance between cost, efficiency and sustainability.
The role is based at H2GS headquarters on Riddargatan in Stockholm and you will report to H2GS’s Chief Procurement Officer.
- Develop and execute effective logistics and sourcing strategies that balance efficiency, cost and sustainability
- Act as a subject matter expert within logistics and transportation with the ability to adapt to changing requirements and a fast-paced environment
- Source and procure Third-Party Logistics Services or build internal capabilities
- Define and lead supplier qualification, sourcing evaluation, and decision criteria with business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with logistics and transportation suppliers to ensure maximum utilization of their expertise, ideas, market intelligence and best practices
- Drive continuous improvements of logistics across efficiency, cost and sustainability
- Build an industry-leading logistics function over time with optimized systems, technologies and processes
Background and Experience
- Academic degree in logistics, supply chain, engineering, business or similar
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience of working with logistics and sourcing strategies
- Experience of the Swedish and European logistics world
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thought leadership including strategy development and execution
- Strong knowledge and experience in managing contract development, terms and conditions and negotiation strategy
- Fluent in English and a Scandinavian language
As a person we believe that you are business oriented, curious and self motivated. You enjoy working in fast paced and changing environments where your work truly has an impact. You have a genuine interest for logistics and transportation with the ability to understand the big picture and think outside of the box. You have a flexible mindset and are a quick learner who is not afraid to iterate ideas.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, apply today by submitting your CV and cover letter! In this recruitment process H2 Green Steel is collaborating with Novare. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Viktor Karlsson, email@example.com, Anna Malmström, firstname.lastname@example.org or Taylor Hansson, email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.
H2 Green Steel (H2GS) was founded in 2020, aiming to build a large-scale fossil-free steel production in northern Sweden. H2 Green Steel will produce 5 million tons of fossil-free steel by 2030. By doing this, the company will contribute to the decarbonizing of the European steel industry, one of the largest carbon dioxide emitters. H2 Green Steel will establish operations in Boden and Luleå. The founder and largest shareholder is Vargas, which is also co-founder and one of the largest shareholders in Northvolt.