Novare’s Consumer Team works with consulting and executive recruitments for boards, management teams, and senior leadership roles. The team’s industry expertise spans retail, groceries, e-commerce, FMCG, media, and the experience industry. The team has many years of experience in executive search and operational experience from leading companies in the consumer and retail world. Mattias Bedding is the team leader.
In your view, what’s the biggest difference between Novare and other recruitment companies?
– One thing that stands out is our flexible culture defined by constructive collaboration, which enables us to give all our clients the possible team constellation for the assignment at hand. With many different companies working under the same flag, Novare has created a unique toolbox of services to help clients on all fronts. From finding skilled leaders and top talents to offering development services for both organizations and individuals, background checks, and compensation issues.
What trends do you see recruitment-wise within your sector?
– New consumption patterns mean that companies must meet their clients in different ways than before. This places new and higher demands on knowledge and experience in, for example, online. We also see that leaders who have experience from change leadership are highly sought after in the consumer sector. In general, I think that the demands on strategic and analytical ability have increased over the past 15 years.
What do you search for in a candidate?
– I seek the very best match for the assignment – the candidate that not only answers to the demands and wishes of the client but also possesses the right personality for the culture and organization that he or she will enter. Just because a person has excelled in one environment, that doesn’t guarantee success in a new one. Furthermore, I think it’s important to find out if the candidate has a good level of self-insight and judgment. Does he or she know how to best complement themselves?
What types of assignments do you take on?
– The Consumer team at Novare works with recruitments ranging from board recruitments, CEO and C-level positions to middle management and specialists. We work with clients within physical and digital retail, consumer goods, media, and the entertainment industry. Our assignments revolve around everything from recruiting key personnel to management assessments and second opinions.
What’s the composition and background of the team?
– The team consists of a good mix of consultants and researchers with long experience within executive search and recruitments. On the team, we have people with CEO experience, executive and specialist backgrounds within FMCG, HR experience within retail, and management consulting.
What is the most important thing to think about when choosing a recruitment consultant?
– Don’t look at your recruitment consultant as a supplier of personnel, but as an advisor that helps you make sound decisions and hire the right people. With our experience, we can provide you with valuable knowledge of organizational design. Let your recruitment consultant challenge your perception of the kind of profile that’s relevant and reasonable. A recruitment process with a creative framework when it comes to the candidate’s experience often sprouts more interesting results than simply going for the safest option.
What’s your strength as a consultant?
– Although I have over 20 years of experience in this profession, that’s insignificant. The most important thing is to maintain that curiosity and willingness to always learn new things.
The most important thing is to maintain that curiosity and willingness to always learn new things.
My curiosity is one of my greatest strengths. It fuels my drive. During my years in this profession, I have learned that I’m never better than my latest completed assignment. Just like everyone at Novare, I put a tremendous value on each assignment I take on. They are all equally important and require equal attention. Sometimes you must go that extra mile to find the right solution.
What’s your greatest strength as a team?
– I would say the breadth we possess in our ability to meet clients on different organizational levels and around different roles. We combine managerial experience with many years of experience within executive search. The team is well balanced in terms of gender, age, and background, which creates an exciting dynamism and a creative, results-oriented approach to our work.
Senior Consultant & PartnerMattias.Bedding@novare.se +46 (0) 705 38 52 05 Linkedin