Novare’s Finance Team works with recruitments on an executive, middle management, and specialist level within banking, finance, insurance, real estate, and private equity. Together, the team has over 60 years of joint experience in the recruitment industry and operational experience from leading companies in the financial world. Anna Schauman is the team leader.
Anna, what do you see as the biggest difference between Novare and other recruitment companies?
– Our broad offer and close collaboration within the Novare group, which always keep us up to date and better equipped to help our clients with challenges they may face within human capital. I also want to believe that we have a friendly and inclusive culture that helps people at all levels grow and have fun at work!
What trends do you see within human capital in your area of expertise?
– There’s absolutely a shift happening in terms of competency focus within many areas of finance. On one hand, digitalization, and everything it entails for business models, efficiency, security, etc. Regulations and sustainability from a broader perspective are areas that continue to be in demand to an increased extent, with a clearer link to its effect on business.
What types of assignments do you take on?
– We do everything from board and management recruitments to recruitments of specialists and middle management roles – mainly within banking, insurance, real estate, and private equity. We also do a lot within what we call “CEO-office”, meaning roles within economics in all possible companies. Our clients are often owners, boards, and management groups, so the roles are defined by where their focus and responsibilities lie.
What is the composition and background of the team?
– Our team consists of very experienced people that both have long operational experience from the industries we cover and vast experience from executive search within banking, finance, insurance, real estate, and private equity. This applies to both consultants and researchers.
What do you search for in a candidate?
– That naturally depends on the role in question, but generally, we search for people with drive, energy, self-insight, judgment, courage, and strong communicative abilities. Furthermore, our clients have a high demand for personnel with high capacity and sharp cognitive abilities.
What is the most important thing to think about when choosing a recruitment consultant?
– I think one should try to find a consultant and organization that instills trust. Someone who understands both one’s perspectives and objectives, while also being able to challenge and give advice.
What is your greatest strength as a consultant?
– For me, it’s my 19-year long operative background in the banking industry. Apart from that, I have a genuine interest in the industry and in business and social issues in general, which makes it easy for me to take in what’s happening connected to a large and active network. In addition, I find it easy to get involved with the assignments I take on, and I think both clients and candidates can sense that. For me, the job never gets boring.
What’s your greatest strength as a team?
– Our depth, and the fact that we have a lot of fun together! We benefit from each other’s skills and qualities in our daily work, and we always support each other when needed as well as manage to keep our spirits up even when the going gets tough. It’s always fun to go to work with this team, which is very important to me.