SSAB is a global steel company with a leading position in high-strength steels and related services. Their vision is a stronger, lighter, and more sustainable world. SSAB aims to be the first, in 2026, to offer fossil-free steel to the market and largely eliminate carbon dioxide emissions from their own operations in around 2030. SSAB has a strong global presence with employees in over 50 countries. Their production plants in Sweden, Finland and the US have an annual steel production capacity of approximately 8.8 million tonnes.
Do you want to contribute to shaping SSAB’s future and help us transform the global steel industry? Our future is nothing without our people. We are building the company of the future and wants to be the first in the world to produce fossil-free steel, and our plans are well under way. We are now looking for a highly skilled and experienced Compensation and Benefits Specialist to join our dynamic team in Sweden!
About the job
As the Swedish Compensation and Benefits Specialist at SSAB, you will have a key role in the company and be the expert, with deep knowledge and responsibility of Compensation & Benefit areas and process development for Sweden. You will be part of our Group HR-team, based at our head offices in Stockholm. You will report to Head of Industrial Relations & HRBP Group Functions.
You will have freedom under responsibility with great opportunity to influence your work and the issues within your area of expertise.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Support the company with HR strategy and work closely with the HR Partners, our Negotiators, Group Compensation & Benefit and HR Shared Services.
- Asses business needs and suggest improvements of policies, tools and processes within the C&B area.
- Support and suggest processes for a new Job Architecture.
- Drive the implementation of and manage pay structures.
- Drive harmonization of C&B processes on all locations and ensure alignment with the global guidelines.
- Drive harmonization and alignment of Swedish benefits.
- Act as an advisor and support HR and business leaders in relevant C&B matters.
- Pay benchmark and support with evaluations of new roles and positions.
- Manage variable pay programs.
- Point of contact to external vendors for pension, insurances, company cars and other benefits and continuously work for efficient processes and collaboration.
- Subject matter expert for Sweden and lead the work in areas as salary management, pension and equal pay analysis.
You will work from SSAB’s offices in Stockholm at Klarabergsviadukten 70.
Who we are looking for
To thrive in this role, we believe that you have the ability to run processes independently and are motivated when you get to take own initiatives. You have an analytical mind and you’re comfortable working with numbers and conceptualization. You have good communication skills and can build trust and support the organization in a professional and confidential way. Naturally, you have high integrity, and you pay attention to details. Furthermore, we believe you bring strong organization-, collaboration-, documentation-, and presentation skills.
- Relevant work experience from working with compensation and benefits.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or other related areas or equivalent preferred.
- You have a good knowledge of the Swedish regulated pension plans and experience of working with the labor unions and collective agreements, preferably both blue and white collars.
- Excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English.
Background check will be a part of the recruitment process.
Ready to join? Apply here!
In this recruitment process, SSAB is partnering with Novare Interim & Recruitment. For questions, please contact Louise Eriksson Hellstrand at Louise.email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept applications by e-mail because of data protection under GDPR.