Global Child Forum was founded in 2009 by the Swedish Royal Family, and is a leading forum for children’s rights and business dedicated to innovative thinking, knowledge-sharing and networking. Global Child Forum believes in the power and responsibility of business, working in partnership with all parts of society, to create a prosperous, sustainable and just society for the world’s children. In addition to forums, Global Child Forum delivers research perspectives, best practices and risk assessment tools designed to unlock opportunities for business to integrate children’s rights into their operations and communities. The Honorary Chairman of the Global Child Forum is H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf. For more information, please visit: www.globalchildforum.org
Global Child Forum is currently recruiting for the new roll of Head of Research & Stakeholder Engagement to develop the organisation’s research expertise and knowledge on children’s rights and business, as well as its collaborations with key stakeholders such as the corporate sector and civil society partners.
Global Child Forum works to inspire and enable business to take action on safeguarding and advancing children’s rights by organizing high-level forums and events, conducting research and analysis on children’s rights issues and developing tools that best meet the needs of our stakeholders. Through innovative partnerships with companies and civil society, Global Child Forum initiates, develops and provides knowledge on how children´s rights can be secured and integrated into a business´operations and community. This position is an exceptional opportunity to work together with the private sector, governments, civil society and academia on the responsibility to respect and support children’s rights.
As Head of Research & Stakeholder Engagement you will be part of the management team and a key player in Global Child Forums development and future. Reporting directly to the Secretary-General, you will drive new stakeholder initiatives and be responsible for developing Global Child Forum’s methods and processes in order to become a relevant platform for business and children’s rights. You will be responsible for the strategy to develop relevant research and tools, as well as to engage the organisation’s partners and keep them activated. You will also lead the research team of three to achieve results and reach their goals.
The position is full-time and will require some international travel. Global Child Forum’s office is located in Gamla Stan in Stockholm.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing Global Child Forum’s research strategy, including the development of new tools and resources
- Leading, cultivating and facilitating the development of strategic relationships with stakeholders to advance children’s rights within their organization
- Be the primary liaison to stakeholders through regular communication with the aim to develop our research projects, tools and events
- Support the distribution of research and knowledge products to external stakeholders to increase awareness and promote children’s rights
- Identifying, developing and cultivating relevant stakeholders for the purpose of deepening our engagement and relevancy among this group
- Leading the research team and ensuring a positive work environment
Qualifications and skills:
- Academic degree
- Extensive experience in a similar position or level of responsibility with work experience from stakeholder management and engagement
- Previous experience with sustainability issues, preferably from perspectives such as code of conducts, value chains, human rights and children’s rights
- Experienced leader with the ability to energize, engage and inspire others
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate, collaborate and work with partners from diverse and multi-cultural contexts
- Excellent written and spoken English, Spanish and/or Swedish is considered a merit
As the ideal candidate, you are a seasoned and passionate leader, with experience from leading and managing staff. You have a strong understanding of sustainability and business ecosystem with the ability to work with diverse stakeholders. Furthermore, we’re looking for a person with a drive for strategic development, as well as strong networking skills.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, please apply today! In this recruitment process, Global Child Forum is collaborating with Novare Search & Selection. Please apply at www.searchandselection.se. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Ebba Bolin, email@example.com or Kristin Högdahl, firstname.lastname@example.org. Selection and interviews will start mid-August. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.