Do you dream of launching your career as a Frontend developer in Sweden? If yes – you have come to the right place! Now you have the chance to become skilled in the most demanded Frontend software on the market.
Short info about Novare Potential
Novare Potential is a Swedish recruitment company that focuses on helping multicultural candidates, that live in Sweden, into jobs. We recruit candidates in many different sectors, but our focus is within IT.
In collaboration with KTH, Novare Potential has previously managed the successful Software Development Academy, where talented new arrivals were trained to become Jr. Fullstack Developers. We are now offering our own Backend and Frontend courses, with Eduardo Alvarez, previous Software Development Academy teacher, as the main lecturer. Read more about Eduardo here.
The course is divided into two stages. A one-month pre-course where we teach the basics to make sure everyone is on the same level. And a three-month full course where we teach the foundational skills that are required to start working as a junior frontend developer. Both the Pre-course and the Full course has the focus on Frontend and particularly React.
The starting date for the pre-course is 24th of October and the aim is that you, as a participant, will get a solid skill set and foundation before the course starts. During the pre-course, you will deliver your first project to confirm that you have the skills necessary to continue with the rest of the program.
The starting date for the full course is 21st of November. It consists of 7 individual projects with set requirements and increasing complexity. You will have daily lectures and mentor meetings. Software engineering practices are taken into consideration so that you can produce code with high value. During the course, you will become skilled in the following Frontend languages and frameworks:
- Firestorm & Cloud Storage
- Jest & React Testing Library
Read the full Curriculum here.
The course is free* and has limited seats.
During the course, Novare Potential will arrange workshops to prepare you for the recruitment process and life as an employee at a Swedish IT company.
- CV and interview workshops
- Swedish job culture workshop
Why should you apply?
- There is a huge demand for developers in the Swedish IT sector
- During and after the course, you will be presented to Novare Potential’s exciting clients from the Swedish IT sector – and hopefully land your dream job!
- You will learn the most demanded Frontend languages and frameworks
- You will code over 500 hours in total, which is equivalent to a university degree within this field – in only 16 weeks
- During the course you will create your portfolio where you can showcase your projects and technical skills to Novare Potential clients
- You will have a personal mentor from Novare Potential that will support and have one-to-one meetings with you during the entire course
- Tech company workshops will take place during the course
Getting a job through Novare Potential
The aim of this course is clear: we want to help you find a job at one of Novare Potential’s exciting clients. If/when finding a job via Novare Potential the set-up will be the following:
- Novare Potential will hire you and you will work as a consultant for 12 months for the specific client
- Novare Potential will provide you with both a cultural and a technical mentor during this period
- After doing an awesome job, the client will hire you permanently
- 30th of September: Application closes
- 24th of October: The Pre-course starts
- 21st of November: The Front-end Course starts
- You have previous experience in frontend frameworks like React, Vue, or Angular
- You have a passion for development and have kept yourself up to date on the latest skills within Tech
- Previous work-life experience – in any domain
- A university degree
- Fluency in English since the course will be conducted in English
- You are located, or open to relocate, to Stockholm
- A valid VISA so that you can stay and work in Sweden
- Time and passion for coding: the course will be extremely intensive, you will code at least 8 hours a day, every weekday, and all the lectures are mandatory
- The tools to study online – having your own laptop is mandatory
If you have no coding experience at all, we suggest that you do some training now and apply for our spring course instead.
What happens after you apply?
Among those who meet the main requirements (background and experience-wise), the selected candidates will be invited to:
- Conduct English and Logical tests (needs to be submitted within 2 days)
- If you are among the ones with the highest scores, you will conduct a coding test (needs to be submitted within 3 days)
- If you are among the ones with the highest score on the coding test you will be invited for an online or physical interview
- After the interviews the most suitable candidates will be invited to join the course
- If you accept the seat in the course – you need to sign a contract – read more about the contract in the FAQ
The training will be held online – on specific occasions we will meet physically, for example during events and some workshops.
It is very important to know that the training requires full motivation and can’t be completed without full attendance. If you are interested to be enrolled in this course, please apply here with your CV and make sure to answer all the questions in the application form.
Make sure to read the full curriculum here.
*The course is free; you will be provided with the study material for the course from Novare Potential. If you do not complete the course or find a job by yourself during the set period, you will have to pay the course fee of SEK 25.000.Apply now