Polar Structure was founded in 2018 with the mission to challenge the whole infrastructure sector and accelerate the sustainable transition. The idea is to drive change in a responsible way and to develop infrastructure that enables a more resilient and sustainable society.
We combine innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship with a long-term and responsible ownership model. We also have a holistic investment approach where investments are made based on how they add value to the overall Polar Structure ecosystem. This is why we can make investments in everything from cutting edge technology start-ups to large greenfield development.
By addressing various industry challenges, such as the underinvestment in the efficiency and maintenance of the railway, or the effect and distribution issues in the energy grid, we drive change on many levels for a better society.
We are a privately owned Swedish company backed by owners who share our long-term investment perspective and passion to drive the sustainable transition.
Sustainability is at the core of what we do. We invest in assets and companies where we can have substantial impact and drive the green transition. Our sustainability ambition is built on three pillars:
Read more about Polar Structure www.polarstructure.se.
Head of Business Development
Polar Structure is on an exciting journey to create tremendous environmental impact on society and is now looking for a Head of Business Development who wants to create sustainable impact at scale and be part of shaping the sustainable infrastructure of tomorrow.
The Head of Business Development will have a unique opportunity to contribute to a growing and innovative organization where the work truly has an impact. We are looking for an individual with strategic height and analytical abilities in combination with a hands-on attitude. Deep understanding of operational work in relevant sectors is needed as well as a coaching leadership approach.
The Head of Business Development will be a part of the management team and reports to the deputy CEO of Polar Structure and will be located at our new office at Norrmalmstorg, Stockholm.
Some of the main tasks & responsibilities
- Define, drive and deliver the best solutions for Polar Structure’s platform and clients in a proactive manner
- Overall responsibility for developing existing businesses, both nationally and internationally
- Close cooperation with the M&A function and strategic planning of acquisition, development and expansion of new businesses
- Presentation of investment opportunities to the management team and board
- Being part of the investment process in evaluation of technical solutions and companies from a business development and market perspective
- Responsibility for and validation of business cases and business models for new solutions and innovations, e.g Battery-as-a-Service
- Drive marketing activities, sales meetings and workshops with Polar Structures companies, clients and partners in order to grow the portfolio
For this position we are looking for candidates with this following background:
- At least 10 years’ experience from similar tasks and experience from a position within business development or as a management consultant, preferably within energy and/or infrastructure
- Business oriented with the ability to drive businesses to the next level – from idea to implementation
- Prior experience from managing major projects and getting things done
- Proven ability to lead and inspire people around you
- Experience from producing and holding presentations to management and board members
- Relevant academic degree
- Excellent Swedish and English skills
We are prestigeless and entrepreneurial as a company. We work hard for the things we believe in. Since our ambition is to innovate the green transition of infrastructure, we need to work as a one strong team and take advantage of all the different expertise we have. To enjoy working here you probably share these same values and enjoy breaking barriers and thriving for impressive results.
- Ability to work independently and take decisions
- Prestigeless and proactive personality
- Strategic ability with a commercial mindset and interest
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Socially competent and good at building relations
- General and technical interest in green infrastructure
In this recruitment, Polar Structure collaborates with Novare Executive Search. Send your application CV and personal letter via the link below. Selection and interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis. Please note that we do not accept applications by email due to GDPR. If you have questions about the role, you are warmly welcome to contact Anna Malmström at email@example.com or Pia Hedbäck at firstname.lastname@example.org.